We are all working with the same goal in mind – to help birthing mothers and babies achieve a safe and positive birth experience.
Caregivers play an integral role throughout pregnancy and birth, and the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program recognises the difference that supportive caregivers can make to the outcome.
That is why we designed this course especially for you – medical professionals (midwives, obstetricians, doctors, nurses), childbirth educ
ators and doulas – who wish to learn the basic philosophy and tools of hypnobirthing so that you can best support parents who choose to use this method of birthing.
“I now feel more prepared to assist women choosing hypnobirthing. In fact, I had 4 home births in 48 hours and 2 were hypnobirthing. The workshop gave me the knowledge to be there for them without interfering with th
e process. It was wonderful. Thank you so much for providing such an informative course.” ~ Jayne CMP idwife.
Participants of this intensive training are not qualified to teach the Hypnobirthing Australia Program – however if you are interested in our Practitioner Training please click here for more info.
This special intensive training is specifically designed to equip caregivers with an understanding of the hypnobirthing philosophy, language and tools that you can utilise in your very important role of supporting birthing mothers and families.
This course is endorsed for 10 CPD MidPLUS points by the Australian College of Midwives.
In our ‘Supportive Caregivers Training’ we will cover:
- Introduction to positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of fear and how it affects labour (psychological, emotional, physical)
- How caregivers can best help and support hypnobirthing parents
- What is hypnosis and how it is used through pregnancy and birth
- Re-programming the subconscious – conditioning techniques used
- The importance of a calm birthing environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Introducing our toolkit for birth – breathing, visualisation, relaxation
- Self-hypnosis techniques – how parents use them through pregnancy and birth
- The power of triggers, anchors, suggestions and self hypnosis during birth
- Prompts that can be used during birth
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication, negotiation and respecting women’s choices
- Special circumstances
- Releasing our own fears and reservations
- Techniques and tools to manage stress. Deep relaxation techniques for caregivers (caregivers need nurturing too!)
Participation in this workshop entitles participants to be listed on the Hypnobirthing Australia™ website as a supportive caregiver.
Here what participants of recent workshops are saying about this course!
“I attended the caregivers seminar today and would recommend to any midwife or caregiver in labour who is open to learning new ways and supporting those women who choose to hypno birth. It will definitely help me, I learnt so much.” `- Candice Public Hospital Midwife
” It was a great day and I feel so much better prepared to support hypnobirthing couples in the future. Highly recommend the day to any other birth professionals considering attending.” – Melissa, Student Midwife
Supportive Caregiver Training Options:
If you have a group of 5 or more and your own venue, we can come to you and provide an exclusive session with training folio and resources. (Extra travel costs may be incurred – depending on your location). Please contact us directly for details. Cost Standard $195. Early-birth $175. Student $150.
For Adelaide Supportive Caregivers Training dates and details please CLICK HERE and contact Kate directly.
For Perth Supportive Caregivers Training dates and details please CLICK HERE and contact Pip directly.
For Brisbane/Gold Coast Supportive Caregivers Training dates and details please CLICK HERE and contact Melissa directly.
Please contact us directly to register your interest this new, flexible training option due to be released soon! Training includes comprehensive video tuition, downloadable Supportive Caregivers Training Folio, eBook, free listing on the website for the first year and mp3. Cost $150 inclusive of gst.