TRAINING FOR BIRTH PROFESSIONALS
SUPPORTIVE CAREGIVERS TRAINING
We are all working with the same goal in mind – to help birthing mothers and babies achieve a safe and positive birth experience.
Caregivers play an integral role throughout pregnancy and birth, and the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program recognises the difference that supportive caregivers can make to the outcome.
That is why we designed this course especially for you – medical professionals (midwives, obstetricians, doctors, nurses), childbirth educators, doulas and childbirth/pregnancy professionals – who wish to learn the basic philosophy and tools of hypnobirthing so that you can best support parents who choose to use this method of birthing.
Participants of this intensive training are not qualified to teach the Hypnobirthing Australia™ Program – please note that this training is designed for support only. However. if you are interested in our Practitioner Training please click here for more info.
This special intensive training is specifically designed to equip caregivers with an understanding of the hypnobirthing philosophy, language and tools that you can utilise in your very important role of supporting birthing mothers and families.
This course is recognised by the Australian College of Midwives as
CPD Recognised Activity (10 CPD Hours).
The Supportive Caregivers Course is a 6-hour live course and is offered by select Hypnobirthing Australia™ Supportive Caregiver trainers at various locations throughout Australia, we can even come to you!
FOLIO OF RESOURCES
You will receive an official training folio which you will use to gain an understanding of the basic philosophy and tools of hypnobirthing and best support parents who choose to use this method of birthing.
The ‘hypno’ part of hypnobirthing represents the hypnotherapy that we use within the program, so we want you to know how it works! You receive a gift certificate to download any self-hypnosis mp3 of your choice.
Watch the video to learn more
Here what participants of recent workshops are saying about this course!
” It was a great day and I feel so much better prepared to support hypnobirthing couples in the future. Highly recommend the day to any other birth professionals considering attending.”
~ Melissa, Student Midwife
I attended the caregivers seminar today and would recommend to any midwife or caregiver in labour who is open to learning new ways and supporting those women who choose to hypno birth. It will definitely help me, I learnt so much.”
~ Candice , Public Hospital Midwife
“I now feel more prepared to assist women choosing hypnobirthing. In fact, I had 4 home births in 48 hours and 2 were hypnobirthing. The workshop gave me the knowledge to be there for them without interfering with the process. It was wonderful. Thank you so much for providing such an informative course.”
~ Jayne, CMP Midwife
In our ‘Supportive Caregivers Training’ we will cover:
- Causes of fear and how it affects labour (psychological, emotional, physical)
- How caregivers can best help and support hypnobirthing parents
- What is hypnosis and how it is used through pregnancy and birth
- Re-programming the subconscious – conditioning techniques used
- The importance of a calm birthing environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Introducing our toolkit for birth – breathing, visualisation, relaxation
- Self-hypnosis techniques – how parents use them through pregnancy and birth
- The power of triggers, anchors, suggestions and self-hypnosis during birth
- Prompts that can be used during birth
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication, negotiation and respecting women’s choices
- Special circumstances
- Releasing our own fears and reservations
- Techniques and tools to manage stress. Deep relaxation techniques for caregivers (caregivers need nurturing too!)
FACE-TO-FACE TRAINING WORKSHOP
Our Supportive Caregivers training is a 6-hour live course offered via a training facility (i.e hospital meeting room or venue).
- Live training with a certified Hypnobirthing Australia™ Supportive Caregiver trainer
- An official Supportive Caregivers Training Folio.
- This training is recognised for 10 CPD MidPlus points through the Australian College of Midwives
Click on the button below and select the ‘Supportive Caregiver Trainers‘ category on the directory to search classes near you.
This new, flexible online training option is COMING SOON. It includes comprehensive video tuition, Supportive Caregivers Training Folio, Resource PDF’s, eBook and mp3. Click below to register your interest and we’ll be in contact as soon as the course is released!