Hypnobirthing Australia™ provides a uniquely Australian hypnobirthing childbirth education course which draws upon the teachings of many natural birthing advocates from throughout history and the world and has been developed by Melissa Spilsted. The Hypnobirthing Australia course is the most up-to-date, Australian hypnobirth program available and we know that you are going to love it!
Scroll down to read our Course Outline – and you will see just how comprehensive our classes are!
When attending our course; you will receive expert tuition from a Certified Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner (look for the original blue seal to ensure that your Practitioner is trained to the highest Australian standards).
All participants are provided with a professionally printed folio of resources that are suited to Australian’s and our models of maternity care. In addition to this, you receive several professionally recorded world famous Australian accent practice tracks, eBook & practice video – to assist you in your preparation for a beautiful, calm and positive birth.
The course and techniques are all especially designed for Australian mothers and their birth partners; and our models of maternity care. The modern, up-to-date birthing videos that are shown in classes are recent and from Australia, New Zealand and the UK (no 20 year old videos in our classes!). You can click here to read more about why Hypnobirthing Australia provides the BEST hypnobirthing training in the country (trigger warning: we’re not modest in this article! lol).
The Hypnobirthing Australia techniques are down-to-earth, straightforward and easily learned. Birth partners often become hypnobirthing’s greatest advocates after attending classes; because we ensure that our classes are relevant, fun, interactive and informative.
Hypnobirthing classes are structured in such a way that the birth partner is encouraged to attend. The partner’s love and support throughout pregnancy and during birth, provide valuable reassurance and bonding in preparation for the birth of your baby and pending parenthood. Having said this, sometimes there are reasons why the birthing mother needs to attend the course solo – and this is also completely fine. You never really are alone, because your birth partner is also your baby. 🙂
Hypnobirthing is often taught in four classes of three hours or alternatively over two full days. Private sessions are also available – please contact your closest practitioner for details.
If you cannot attend face-to-face classes (which are always the preferred option, but we understand that it isn’t always possible to get to classes) then we have online course options also available.
Each class is made up of theory (audio-visual, spoken explanations and interactive discussions) and practical (active relaxation and breathing exercises, hands-on massage techniques and hypnosis practice) components.
Demand the best for your baby’s start in life, because you only get one chance to birth your baby. You want and deserve this to be the best birth for you and your baby. Contact us now and experience the Hypnobirthing Australia™ advantage.
When is the Best Time to Attend Hypnobirthing Classes?
Mum’s often ask us, when is the best time to attend classes? We answer – anytime is possible! The main thing is that you have the opportunity to learn these techniques before you birth.
Many couples who have attended class, even much later in pregnancy, have achieved excellent results. In fact, Melissa Spilsted first learnt hypnobirthing techniques at 37 weeks, herself – so it can be done!
Having said that; the ideal time to start is between 20 and 30 weeks of pregnancy. This gives you ample time to practice the techniques leading up to birth. If you are further along than this though, please don’t worry. Determination is the deciding factor when it comes to hypnobirthing success. Please feel free to contact your closest practitioner to discuss more intensive training options if needed.
Hypnobirthing Australia Course Outline
Here is an outline of what we cover in our Hypnobirthing Australia™ classes.
Unit 1: Creating & maintaining a positive mindset
- Introduction to the positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- How our brain is wired to birth
- The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is self-hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Our hormones are our friends
- My amazing uterus – understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- Causes of Fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- Re-programming the Subconscious
- The language for empowered birthing
- The power of affirmations
- Birthing environment
Unit 2: Our toolkit for birth
- Self-hypnosis tracks
- Birth music
- Conditioning with scent
- Hypnotic anchors and triggers
- Releasing endorphins through massage and touch
- Acupressure techniques for pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding
- Visualisations for pregnancy, labour & birthing
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation Breathing – a skill for life
- Surge Breathing – the best tool ever!
- Techniques to help make your surges more comfortable
- The ‘urge’ to push/bear down – Breathing/Bearing down
Unit 3: Preparation & choices for empowered birthing
- Bonding with baby
- Choices in maternity care
- Birth Preferences – having open communication with your caregivers
- Knowledge is power – researching common interventions and procedures
- Questions to ask, to assist in making informed decisions
- Birth partner as advocate
- ‘Guess date’ – a normal range of pregnancy
- Inductions – things you’re not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Preparing the body – staying active
- Optimising baby’s position
- Breech or Posterior – options & positions
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Self-hypnosis, meditation and deep relaxation techniques & scripts
Unit 4: Birth – bringing it all together
- What to expect in the weeks and days leading up to birth
- Signs that labour is starting
- What to expect through labour (membranes releasing etc)
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Accidental home/car birth – what to do!
- Birth partner’s role
- Common procedures
- Using water during labour and birth
- Upright positioning, movement and birth positions
- Special circumstances (including caesarean birth)
- Fear release
- Cord clamping & placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding & breastfeeding time – skin to skin
- What to expect afterwards
- Self-hypnosis – Rehearsal for Birth
- A practice routine – preparation for birth!